Friday, August 19, 2011

The Long Awaited...{Chapter 3}....A Solid Rock

I have been anything but solid in my decision to blog about my grand adventure in becoming a Proverbs 31 woman, and for that I would like to apologize.  My little brother has been gone for a week of camp, and although I made the decision to stay home this year, this past week has been slightly on the depressing side. This week was the first week of college for most of my friends, and although college had its difficult moments last year, I am missing it very much.  But, I am staying optimistic, because I know God must have something great for me this year at home. 
 Enough of my sob story. :) 
Let the adventure continue!


HER LOYALTY
Proverbs 31:11
" The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her."

Okay, yeah sorry, this one doesn't apply to me, and maybe it doesn't apply to you either.  But it will!  And so for now I am practicing these applications, on my dad!  Before going away to college, I didn't think there was a single guy on the planet that was like my father.  You know the warning your mom tells you every so often, "Your husband is going to be almost just like your dad."  Then I went to college, and believe me, there actually were guys out there with the same characteristics as the man who had raised me.  Why not start with dad?  He's had to try every single meal I make, I do some of his laundry, I {try} to keep his office clean.  Why not go to him with my problems?  I cannot tell you how many times I've gone to dad because I had no idea where else to turn.  Right now, I truly believe, that my loyalty is to be turned and focused onto my father.  If I don't learn to do that with him, how on earth would I be able to trust my future husband?
So even though the verse says "the heart of her husband doth safely trust in her."  My blog will be in reference to my dad.  :)

Rest--the word rest in the Hebrew language is actually referring to the mind where doubt, anxiety, and restlessness fester.   The heart (or mind) of a father who can trust his loyal daughter is a heart at rest and at ease.  Our father's have way to much on their minds (and hearts) to be worried about us.  He does that enough already!  Our jobs as a Proverbs 31 woman is live our lives in such a way that our fathers (and also our future husband) won't have to wonder or worry about our character, or the management of our finances, home and time!  My future husband will need me to be a steady support for him, so that he can truly build his life on the cornerstone of my loyalty.

Encouragement--Here comes the trust factor :)  The Hebrew word for trust translates "to be of good courage, to take to heart and to feel confidence."  This means that any man who is married to one of God's beautiful women feels confident by his ability to trust in his wife.  Our father's also need to feel this way about the young woman he has raised!  He needs to feel that he can trust us, that doesn't come through "You can trust me dad".  It comes through your actions, your words and most importantly it comes through your evident walk with God.  If your father, or husband, can trust in you, and has confidence in you, he can then be encouraged for the daily tasks he must go through.

Remember, Proverbs 31 is a list that a mother gave to her son.  A list of qualities for him to find in a SINGLE young woman, who had these qualities.  This isn't something that just happens over the course of our marriage, and it's not something given to us at the wedding altar. 

My mom told me a few years back that she was praying for the husband I would marry. She wants him to remain focused on God's will, pure in both mind and body, and she wants him to be the man of God that is the perfect one for me.  Now that I'm older, I've begun doing the same thing.  But, don't you think it's only fair, that if our parents are praying for a pure and focused husband for us, that our husbands' parents should be able to TRUST that we are the same for their son?

We need to be faithful, true, and constant.  We need to be a solid rock in terms of our character, our family, our relationships, and our ministry. 
So whether we are married or single, our goal should be for this priceless virtue of loyalty to be a jewel in our crown.  {Proverbs 12:4a)

See you soon!
Sara Rose <3

No comments:

Post a Comment