Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chapter One...A Rare Treasure


I'm starting a new journey.  One that I hope that I know will change me, and for the better.  With all of the new changes going on in my life, I've decided to try and mold my life and my walk with the Lord, after possibly the greatest woman who has ever walked the earth.

The Proverbs 31 Woman.
Scary? Yeah, I know. 
I used to believe that this was just a "daughter-in-law wish list" that a mother had for her son.  Until I read that many daughters had done virtuously.  Then I realized that the Proverbs 31 woman wasn't some "once in a lifetime" type girl.  She was actually someone who became the model for millions of other young women, and that several others had been able to accomplish what she had done!  Did King Lemuel ever find this model woman?  I have no idea.  But I do know that today marks my journey towards becoming (or at least getting as close as I can) a Proverbs 31 woman.

So here begins my journey.  The start of a new beginning.
Let's begin.
Chapter One is a look at the Proverbs 31 woman from a distance.  An outline of who she was.

Already, at the start of the book, I've learned something new.  Now I'm not familiar with the Hebrew alphabet, but what I found interesting is that King Lemuel's mother organizes the "must have" list, in alphabetical order for her son.  This mother was a homeschooler :)  Which makes me happy.  She was teaching her son at an early age what kind of woman to pursue.

Another thing that had impressed me, was that this chapter isn't written by King Lemuel's father, or some other wise counsel given to the young king.  But rather by his mother.  She was giving her son a list of characteristics of a woman that would be needful and helpful to him as a king.  I wonder if this mother was someone who was the Proverbs 31 woman, or if she was telling her son to find someone that had been better than she had.  It's another one of those Bible mysteries I intend to solve in Heaven.  :) 
Also, much to my relief.  I have learned that this woman wasn't created overnight.  She didn't become the model woman instantly.  It took time, it took training, and I even bet that it took a lot of prayer and patience.

So, with God's help, a lot of prayer and some hard work (we'll even throw in the chocolate ;), I hope that by the end of this journey I will be half the young woman that God desires.


See you soon!
Sara Rose <3


1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful, godly young lady. It thrills me to read of your heart;s desire. I am here for you and I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete