Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camp Canaanland

Last week I was able to go to the U.P. as a counselor for my church's youth group. I was so blessed to go with such an amazing group of teenagers who are so open and so willing to know what the Lord has for them. To be completely honest, I was somewhat nervous about going. Not because it was a Bible camp up in the Upper Peninsula in the middle of nowhere. But because I wasn't sure if I could be what the girls needed for that week. I was so fortunate to be in the same cabin with several of the girls from my church, and then also so many wonderful girls from churches that came from around Michigan.
I loved waking up in the morning, taking the coldest shower I think I have ever had, snuggle back into my bunk, pull out my Bible and just watch all the girls in the cabin start waking up and do nearly the exact same thing. I love each one of the girls I was able to be with last week, and I can't believe that the week is already over.

The speaker for the week was Pastor Stone from Canada. He was such an amazing preacher.
His messages were just what I needed to hear, and I will not soon forget them.





Just a little note...Lights Out never happened at 11 p.m. :)


See you soon!
Sara Rose <3

No comments:

Post a Comment